Conditions We Treat
Conditions and Services
Some of our areas of specialty include:
- Heel and Arch Pain. People experience heel and arch pain for many different reasons—lack of stretching, obesity, athletic overuse, flaws in gait or foot structure, etc. Since a very similar set of symptoms could be caused by a wide variety of conditions, it’s critical to get an accurate diagnosis first. After that, we create a customized treatment plan focused on your needs.
- Sports Injuries. The Colorado Springs community is one of the fittest and most active in the entire nation, with lots of opportunities for running, hiking, cycling, sports, dancing, and more. Unfortunately, these activities can also lead to lower extremity injuries. We know how important it is to stay active, though, and our treatments are focused on helping you recover quickly and completely.
- Nail and Skin Care. Conditions such as athlete’s foot, fungal toenails, ingrown toenails, cracked skin, and plantar warts might be painful, unsightly, or both. Our team is focused on helping you manage and improve unsightly conditions to prevent them from spreading and restore your confidence and self-esteem.
- Comprehensive Care for Diabetes. Diabetes can put your feet at severe risk of complications like nerve damage, ulceration, infections, and even amputation. We provide a comprehensive suite of proactive and preventative services (such as yearly checkups and diabetic shoes) alongside more aggressive interventions, including wound care and limb salvage surgery.
- Foot and Ankle Surgery. Although surgery is a last resort, it may be necessary when more conservative measures can’t solve the problem. Dr. McVay and Dr. Liu are experienced surgeons with advanced training in procedures such as reconstructive surgery, total ankle replacement, ankle stabilization, arthroscopy, and minimally-invasive endoscopic surgery.
- Custom Orthotics. People suffering from foot, ankle, knee, hip or low back problems may benefit from orthotics. They help to reduce pain by restoring proper foot alignment and enhance the stability needed to reduce the strain on the muscles and joints. Our office also uses advanced computerized gait analysis and digital scanning to create custom orthotics for those who need them. We also provide a range of prefabricated insoles for children and adults who don’t have significant deformity but may still be experiencing minor discomfort.
Other Conditions We Treat
No matter what the source of your foot pain may be, we can help. Our doctors provide comprehensive care for all matters and all ages of the feet or ankles—we won’t turn you away. Other conditions we treat include:
- Ankle and Foot Arthritis
- Ankle Instability
- Ankle Sprains
- Bone Infections
- Foot and Ankle Trauma
- Foreign Body Injuries
- Ingrown Nails
- Orthopedic Fractures
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin Splints
- Tendon Disorders, Including the Achilles Tendon
Specialized services provided include:
- Computerized Gait Analysis
- Custom Braces and Splints
- Custom Orthotic Devices and Shoe Inserts
- Diabetic Shoes and Supplies
- Digital Radiology
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Limb Salvage and Amputation Prevention
- Pediatric Foot and Ankle Care
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Total Ankle Replacements
Getting the Care You Need
If painful or unsightly feet are draining your energy or self-confidence and making it impossible to live the life you want to lead, make an appointment with McVay Foot & Ankle today. You can request a day and time to see our doctors by using our online contact form, or simply call our Colorado Springs office at 719-266-5000.
Get Our Running Guide Today!
In our guide, you’ll learn more about:
- The benefits of a well-planned running routine
- When you should see a doctor if you have concerns or an injury
- How fast you should progress
- The best shoes to get for your feet
- The best food for recovery
Inside, you’ll also receive a running calendar that can help you get started for a 5K run!